Matthew Tago Profile

Picture by Inderpreet Laly

Matthew Tago is a well-known student athlete in the AV community. Standing over 6 feet tall, Tago is a threat to the opposing team with his crisp and sharp throws. As the starting varsity quarterback and also one of the team captains of the Quartz Hill Rebels, Matthew Tago has a bright future ahead of him.

Tago started playing football at the age of 6. He also looked up to his older brother, whom contributed towards his passion for football. As a young kid, Tago played for the Palmdale Youth Bulldogs; however, he became a Rebel once he got to high school.

Playing as the starting varsity quarterback, Matthew Tago has many goals before his high school years are over. He has the dream and goal to win and bring Quartz Hill a CIF championship title. Not only that, but he desires to work hard every day to become MVP of the Golden League. With football season coming to an end, Matthew Tago has truly proven to all of us that he is capable of dominating the game that he so enjoys.

With this being his junior year, Tago has plenty of time to improve and get better not only as a team player, but also as a team leader.  He has set a goal to play football once he goes to college. Tago is working hard day by day in order to reach his dreams to play for UCLA, Colorado, or USC. With Tago’s mindset, dedication, and skill in the game of football, he is truly capable of fulfilling his dreams.

Finally as he further looks into his future, Matthew Tago stated, “Hopefully I can make it to the NFL and be able to do big things.” With so many objectives in his mind, he is always looking into what more he can accomplish after he has completed one goal.

From being a quarterback for a small youth organization, Tago has come a long way and has impressed many of us. With the passion and love he has for the game, it is obvious that he is going to become a well-known athlete in the AV community. Through the support from his teammates, friends, and his family, Tago is well-rounded not only as an athlete, but also as a student.  

Senior year is going to be a very important year for Tago and his teammates. The Quartz Hill Rebels are starting to get back on track, and we can expect to see great things from Matthew Tago in the future.