(Pip)ular Pipperton

%28Pip%29ular+Pipperton

Picture by Sydney Smith

By Sydney Smith, Staff Writer

Quartz Hill is renowned for its educational excellence and astounding students. Since everyone here has his or her own special personality, it is a bit difficult to choose just one to interview for the Ubiquity. However, there is one individual that stands out like a diamond in the rough. His name? Pipperton Martinez.

Pip is at the top of his class and is very popular with all QHHS students. Everybody knows about the fabled Pipperton, but not many KNOW him. That is why we set up this exclusive one-on-one meeting to find out who this enigmatic boy is.

It all started when Pip was born, neither of his parents showed up to his birth. Pip explains, “The doctors said they had never experienced a situation such as this, but I was able to make the impossible look like child’s play.” Since then, he has sworn to become the best man in the land. In school, he has excelled in academics, sports, extra curriculars, and even managed to learn 15 different languages. He has accomplished this all in the short span of 15 years.

Aside from all of these school activities, which take up the bulk of his time, Pipperton enjoys the fine arts of piano and poetry. This is unknown by many, since Pip does not appear as the “sensitive” type. He says, “I started writing poetry to combat the trauma I suffered with my parents’ absence.” The boy’s work could bring you to tears in a matter of seconds. Never has the world seen anything so raw, so real. Here is an excerpt from Pip’s latest poem, titled “When the Cows Come Home”:

“I am sad, I am very sad

I feel bad, I still feel really bad

My parents are so mad, so mad they never showed up

I want breakfast”

Truly an awe-inspiring piece, I welled up just thinking about the symbolism and imagery packed into such a short monologue.

Following the reading, I decided to ask him how he felt about Quartz Hill, to which he responded, “It is okay.” He did not comment further.

I was truly blessed to talk to the one and only Pipperton. His presence is magical, just like all of the exceptional work he has done in his lifetime. I can only pray that he will continue his work towards the betterment of humanity as a whole.

Watch out Cardi B, we have the next international sensation right here.