Student Profile: Weston Fitzgerald

Weston Fitzgerald at a band event

Quartz Hill High School recently held its annual elections to elect officers for both ASB and each of the four classes. This year, a young and aspiring junior, Weston Fitzgerald, won the ASB treasurer position, which he will assume at the beginning of the new academic year.

Weston won by a wide margin, and many of the students exercised their right to vote by showing their support for their favorite candidate.  His campaign strategy was intense and well-organized. He put up fliers all around the school: in the cafeteria, in the locker room, and on classroom doors. He also had a group of his friends help him campaign, and they persuaded more students to cast their vote for him. When asked who had been the greatest support during this entire process, Weston replied, “My brother was my biggest fan, and he provided tremendous moral support during the entire campaigning process.”

As ASB treasurer, he will be required to put in many hours after school and take part in organized activities that will benefit the student body. In his new role, he will go to meetings and work with the Board of Control to keep them updated about the issues that were discussed. The Board of Control will then use the feedback provided by him to make improvements throughout the campus and help provide a pleasant learning environment to the students.

In his new role as treasurer, he will also be given the responsibility of interviewing members of the Student Body who wish to become members of the Student Government and help coordinate the training boot camps for the Student Government.

He explained, “Next year, I want the school year to be the best it possibly can be. I plan to relay the ideas from the student body directly to the Student Government, and I will try very hard to make sure their ideas are heard and incorporated into their daily lives at Quartz Hill High School.”

Weston is highly motivated and qualified for the position of Treasurer. He has been in ASB since 7th grade, received a five on the AP Calculus test, and earned himself a spot on the varsity mathletes. He said, “I am a senior next year, and I want to go out on a high note. This is possibly the perfect way to finish my senior year.”

Weston is very excited to be the ASB treasurer, and he has promised he will do everything in his power to ensure a happy and productive school year filled with fun activities and new learning opportunities.