Life After High School

Michaela Klundt at her first AVC match

Ever since 1964, Quartz Hill High School has accumulated an innumerable amount of alumni. All of the fifty-two classes held something unique and special. The day they graduated from Quartz Hill High marked the beginning of their journey into the real world. Each one of these Rebels never fail to amaze us with their accomplishments.

Our student body’s primary goal is to ensure that a student’s high school experience is something they can happily remember. Many previous students have looked back on their four years and can remember events held by ASB. Some alumnis’ biggest regrets are not being more involved in school. Many of them wish this realization came sooner. However, those who were more active had a significantly better high school experience.

A graduate from the class of 2016, Michaela Klundt, recapped her time spent at QHHS, “I had a fun time, and I enjoyed all the school activities (i.e.: homecoming, pep rallies, assemblies, etc.).” As she embarked on her college life, she wanted to grasp the number one position on AVC’s newly established Girls’ Golf Team.

Kazim Raza, an alumni of 2011, said, “I did wrestling senior year, and that was by far one of the best choices I made in high school. It was a great way to take my mind off things when times got stressful in school.”

QHHS also produced some more well-known athletes, such as Michelle Perry and Kiel McClung. In high school, Perry managed to finish second in the 1997 CIF California State Meet in long jump. Not only did she place 14th overall in the heptathlon competition at the 2004 Summer Olympics, but she also medaled gold in the 100 meter hurdles of the 2005, 2007, and 2009 World Championships in Athletics.

While McClung attended Quartz Hill, he held the title of a three-time letterwinner. In college, he played a total of seventy-two games for the University of California. Despite all those successes, he joined the Cleveland City Stars and helped in the winning of the USL Second Division championship.

Rebels still continue to stay close to one another after their four years of high school with associations and reunions. This has been a great way to keep in touch or reconnect with former classmates.