The Victorious Marching Band

Recently, Quartz Hill High School’s marching band swept away the competition at the Eastside Band Tournament.

The band competition was held on Tuesday, October 25th on Quartz Hill’s football field. Quartz Hill’s band dominated over the other schools at this recent tournament. So far, there have been two tournaments, and the marching band has won both of them.

Many schools from around the Antelope Valley partook in this competition, including Palmdale High School, Highland High School, Eastside High School, Rosamond High School, and Antelope Valley High School.

Quartz Hill High School’s marching band won the Sweepstakes Overall, which is first place. They also won the Sweepstakes for auxiliary and percussion.

Samuel Kim, a member of the band, played the piano during the competition. He stated, “We practiced hard, and eventually reached the point we are currently at.” The marching band has practiced until five every day, except on Fridays. This enabled them to excel at the tournament.

But the band, led by Mr. McQuilkin, faced many challenges on their road to victory. Kim stated, “We need to learn music, have everyone in march step, and we always need to improve.”

Kira Dowsett, a trumpeter for the band, said “I learned that you should always try your very hardest and focus on the task you are trying to accomplish. It was enjoyable, and we try our hardest to do better every upcoming competition.” The tournament allowed the students to see how the other students played and what they needed to improve.

Samuel Kim stated, “The most fun part was hanging out with friends and seeing the other bands perform.” Following Quartz Hill High School, the Highland and Eastside school bands were close behind in skill and offered a fun competition for the students in marching band.

The marching band has a season of many victories ahead of them. Their next competition is hosted by Quartz Hill itself, and it is the Rebel Rouser Competition. It takes place on November 1st.

In Quartz Hill’s many years, the marching band has never failed to meet and surpass the expectations held by the Antelope Valley. The students, with their amazing musical talents, have worked hard to win their competitions, and they hope to win more in the future. Good luck, Rebels!Band Competition