Film Club Overview

Sahfir Anderson (left) and Noah Beasley (right)

Picture by Josephine Nadolny

Picture by Josephine Nadolny

By Josephine Nadolny, Staff Writer

The Quartz Hill High School campus has over forty clubs, each allowing students to embrace their cultures, beliefs, and passions.  Film Club is a student-run organization where creativity runs freely and the appreciation of movies is deep. Members of Film Club dedicate hours to creating short films and discussing the components involved in the art of filmmaking.  

Vice President of Film Club Sahfir Anderson said, “In Film Club we go over the basic composition of movies and study the different techniques used by filmmakers.  We also discuss our schedule and future projects we plan on starting throughout the year.”

The club meets every Wednesday during B Lunch in Mr. Hall’s room; new members are always welcome.  The cabinet consists of President Isaac Inocentes, Vice President Sahfir Anderson, Treasurer Noah Beasley, Secretary Kennedy Porter,and Senator Leon Redfern.  Film Club has composed multiple short films throughout the years and does not plan on slowing down in the 2017-2018 school year.

Sahfir Anderson explained, “We’re starting a short film right now that we have almost finished writing. I can’t say too much, but it is definitely going to be a silent film.”

He also said, “The club is definitely hard work and it can get overwhelming, but in the end it is worth the trouble.” Although the club is “hard work,” the members of Film Club still have an extremely positive outlook on what it provides for the campus.

Noah Beasley explained what he believes Film Club contributes to Quartz Hill: “A sense of creativity, freedom of expression, and an opportunity for people who are interested in making films to come and create.”  On the same topic, Kennedy Porter said, “Like Noah said, I truly believe that Film Club brings a sense of creativity to the school. It provides a way for teens to escape from everyday problems through the art of film.  It is also a great way to make friends who are interested in similar things.”  

As the future cinematic icons of our generation, the passionate members of Film Club have a bright future.  Not only does the club provide a humble introduction to the hard work that is the reality of filmmaking, but it also places students in a comfortable environment where their imaginations run free.

• Film Club Overview

News

Homecoming Carnival

• Film Club Overview

News

College Info Night

• Film Club Overview

News

Football Locker Raid

• Film Club Overview

News

Trash At QHHS

• Film Club Overview

News

Club Rush

• Film Club Overview

News

Crowded Classrooms and Packed Parking Lots

• Film Club Overview

News

The New Dress Code on Campus

• Film Club Overview

News

Security Measures at QHHS

• Film Club Overview

News

The New Desks on Campus

• Film Club Overview

News

Online AP Classes

Film Club Overview