Fortnite Vs. PUBG

Picture by Brandon Kim

Picture by Brandon Kim

By Brandon Kim, Staff Writer

The two most popular battle royale video games are competing with each other for the top spot. These video games are Fortnite and Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds. Fortnite is a fast-paced and cartoon-like battle royale game where players can build structures and get creative, whereas PUBG is more realistic and natural. Further, both games are extremely popular among their players and are recognized around the world. However, Fortnite is more fun, has a bright and cartoonish style, and is completely free to play.

Fortnite is an entertaining multiplayer first-person shooter game that has been downloaded by over 40 million people. In fact, it is currently the most watched game on Twitch, which is a live-streaming platform where people can record themselves playing for other people to watch live. Fortnite is a battle royale game, which means that the last player standing out of 100 wins the round. When the players drop into the map, they need to start from scratch and look for weapons to protect themselves and eliminate other players. Also, they need to gather materials to build structures, like walls and platforms, by hitting various objects with their pickaxe. The objective of the game is to be the last one standing out of 100 people.

Fortnite also has a very cartoonish style. The characters usually wear ridiculous costumes or clothes. It is quite different from PUBG, which aims for realistic physics and gunfights. The players can also activate various dances and actions for fun or to taunt their enemies. The player can also build structures just as easily as they can shoot their gun. Players can build to protect themselves, or to get closer to an enemy that they want to attack.

Best of all, Fortnite is completely free to play while PUBG normally costs around $30. This puts Fortnite at an enormous lead in being the best battle royale video game, allowing anyone access to play the game without worrying about saving money to buy it. Players can spend money to buy in-game currency, which is used for clothes and costumes for their character. This is not necessary, because you can still enjoy Fortnite without spending any money on the game.

Fortnite and PUBG are both very competitive battle royale games. However, Fortnite is much more popular than PUBG because is more fun and fast-paced, contains a cartoon-like style and is free to play.

Brandon Kim, Staff Writer

Hi! I'm Brandon. I am a writer for the Arts and Entertainment category. Some of my hobbies include playing sports, playing video games, and breathing....

• Fortnite Vs. PUBG

A&E

Docuseries Taking Over Youtube

• A&E

Lil Peep Album Review

• Fortnite Vs. PUBG

A&E

Is the Newest and Most Expensive Electric Longboard on the Market Worth its Price?

• Fortnite Vs. PUBG

A&E

The Antelope Valley’s Burgeoning Art Scene

• Fortnite Vs. PUBG

A&E

Trying to Find Yourself While Writing College Apps

• Fortnite Vs. PUBG

A&E

Mid90s Movie Review

• Fortnite Vs. PUBG

A&E

Halloween Don’ts

• Fortnite Vs. PUBG

A&E

Spooky Baskets Guide

• Fortnite Vs. PUBG

A&E

Pray For The Wicked – Album Review

• Fortnite Vs. PUBG

A&E

Grey’s Anatomy New Season

Fortnite Vs. PUBG