Talent at QH

Back to Article
Back to Article

Talent at QH

By Eileen McGregor, Staff Writer

Every year, ASB plans and hosts Quartz Hill’s own Talent Show, where, for one night, students get the opportunity to showcase their incredible talents.

The Talent Show usually follows a theme. On previous occasions, such themes have ranged from The Amanda Show to Winter, and this year the event was autumn-oriented. On the night of Thursday, November 8, carefully crafted paper leaves adorned the small gym for the show. At the center of the gym was a stage with spotlights at the ready. A small food table displayed an assortment of treats and drinks to snack on. ASB members Mandy Mason, Evan Isaac, and their committee helped coordinate all of the individual elements including performances, food, and decorations to make the Talent Show possible.

This year, the event featured a large variety of performances including singers, dancers, rappers, and bands. In total, there were 16 different acts that took the stage. A panel of three judges, comprised of  Mr. Jenison, Mr. Hucke, and Mr. Forte, carefully scrutinized the performers vying for first place. Each performance went smoothly with no technical issues. As the last act finished, the judges deliberated. Then, the results were announced: first place was awarded to singer Paris Simone, second place went to hip/hop dancer Caleel Dyette, and third place was presented to dance duo Nicole Ross and her partner Natalie Berry.

The Talent Show is a largely under-appreciated event. While there are no downsides to attending the performance, low attendance has been the norm in the previous years. This year, the Talent Show boasted free admission for a night full of lively performances. In addition, some teachers offered extra credit as an incentive.

While simply attending and watching the acts is enjoyable in itself, performing is another quality way of participating. The QH Talent Show is the perfect opportunity to perform in front of a small crowd with absolutely no consequence and even a possible reward. Many participating students are not only first-time performers, but they are also actively reaching out of their comfort zone. Those talented students who don’t get to present in rallies, choir’s Cabaret Night, or assemblies can use the night to broadcast their impressive abilities to people. That being said, if you missed Talent Show this year, be sure to attend in the future, whether it be to support your friends, watch new talents, or even sign up to participate yourself!

Eileen McGregor, Staff Writer

Hey guys! This is my first year in Journalism, but I do other things on campus, like being president of Multicultural Club, captain of Tinikling and an...

• Talent at QH

News

Spirit Week’s True Purpose

• News

The Season of Doing

• Talent at QH

News

Graffiti on School Campus

• Talent at QH

News

QHHS Spooky Season

• News

Cancer Awareness Week

• Talent at QH

News

The Key to Service

• Talent at QH

News

Multiple Changes to the Multicultural Assembly

• Talent at QH

News

Mock Elections and Katie Hill

• Talent at QH

News

Homecoming Carnival

• Talent at QH

News

College Info Night

Talent at QH