New Fortnite Season

Fortnite. It’s a game that I’m sure everyone has heard, watched, and played before. With it being one of, if not the most popular game for the last seven years, fans and players have felt empty these previous seasons/chapters. Fortnite needed more creativity, passion, and overall effort with what they did for the game. People have wanted something to change that can bring back those happy memories they made when the game was just released, something like the original (OG) Fortnite. 

Fortunately for those craving to get a sense of that nostalgia, the time has finally come. Fortnite released a new season called “OG” on November 3rd, 2023, bringing back all of the original weapons, cosmetics, and, most importantly, the original island everyone knows and loves. Having some time spent playing on the new season, I have built up my final thoughts about it. The question lies: does it feel like OG Fortnite, or does it feel differently than it once did? 

Before discussing my opinion, let’s look at what others have to say about it. “I think that it was a cool concept, and it is amusing to play with my friends, but it doesn’t feel like old times. I wish they would have brought back the old graphics; that would’ve made it better,” said Panashe Mafukeni, a student at QHHS. Another student that I interviewed was Jayson Henry Uribe, a student-athlete at QHHS, “I love the fact that they brought the OG map back, but I wish it were the earlier version of the map because it was better, in my opinion. If they would have brought back the old features as well, then it would have been 10x more enjoyable”. “Fornite has made a HUGE mistake” YouTube, YouTube, 6 Nov. 2023, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me4wCNp8cgs. Accessed 10 Nov. 2023.  People have similar thoughts on the new season and how it makes them feel, but does it make us feel as great as it once did? 

Overall, my opinion on the new season is it was a great idea and concept at first look. The outcome of this idea could have been better. Yes, they brought the old map and old weapons back as well, but that still needs to change the fact that the game has become a whole different playstyle than it once was. We used to have poor graphics, funny moments, and various mechanics, and most importantly, the vibe was unmatched. Now, they just gave us the map and weapons, but some still take the game too seriously, which makes it unenjoyable. If the graphics were the same, and as for the mechanics, I would have a different opinion, but they just aren’t. It will always be different no matter what due to it being a whole other time when it was first released. The players, the game, and the overall vibe were different from what it is now. The same thing can be said about life. Nothing will ever feel the same as it once did because it is a different era from now, and people changed during that time. Sometimes, it’s for the greater good or the bad, but that’s on you to decide.