New Cancer Vaccine Nearing Phase 3 Clinical Trials

The founder of Orbis Health Solutions, Dr. Thomas Wagner, has made outstanding progress in developing an alternative cancer treatment. This treatment focuses on minimizing the side effects that are very strong in other treatments, like chemotherapy.

One of the most complex parts of the fight against cancer is the treatments that one has to undergo—currently, traditional treatments like chemotherapy work to kill off cancerous cells. However, in the process, many non-cancerous cells are also killed, causing various side effects in the patient. These side effects may include the dying of the immune system, nausea, hair loss, and many others. This new treatment has been studied for decades and is personalized for each patient. It works by using the immune system as a weapon against the cancer cells. The vaccine injects the body with specific parts of the tumor that stimulate the immune system. Once enabled, the immune system can detect the cancerous cells and eventually fight them off.

This treatment has been a long work in progress, being tested on hundreds of different patients who have a variety of different types of cancer. In recent trials, the data has shown that 95% of people who were given the vaccine were still living over three years after beginning this treatment. Even better, 65% of these subjects eventually entirely fought off the cancer. Many were afraid of the side effects that could have come along with the vaccine; however, they proved to be very minimal. Common with many other vaccines, the side effects included fever and fatigue.

As promising as these studies are, the first two phases of clinical trials needed to be more comprehensive to provide concrete evidence that the new treatment was effective. After a long wait, however, the Food and Drug Administration has given the go-ahead for the third phase of clinical trials to begin. These trials are expected to begin later this year and aim to enroll around 500 people to participate in these three years.

Unfortunately for Orbis Health Solutions, the new phase of clinical trials is not cheap. It is expected to cost around 100 million dollars. Orbis Health Solutions is not a big pharmaceutical company, so gathering that amount of money is difficult, and it will ultimately limit how much they can experiment with the vaccine.

Although it will be a long and grueling journey before we see any breakthrough in terms of its access to the public, it will ultimately be a huge helping hand in curing cancer.