Faris Babineaux – Track Standout

Picture by Inderpreet Laly

Quartz Hill High School is filled with many talented athletes who push themselves to the limit to succeed in the future. One specific student-athlete, however, is destined for greatness. Faris Babineaux, a Quartz Hill High School senior, is a student-athlete who takes both his grades and sports seriously. While taking all AP classes, Faris finds a balance with his hardcore school work and still manages to make it to practice on time. He is the epitome of a successful student-athlete. With no doubt, he will succeed in the future.

At the age of eight, Babineaux found his passion for track and field. Now, at seventeen, he still enjoys the sport and trains constantly in order to become the best runner of all time. Babineaux is well known as the fastest sprinter in the league, and is only half a second off in beating the record for the 400 and the 200 meter sprints. People always wonder: “How did Faris Babineaux get this fast?” All the hard work and motivation he has displayed ever since he was a young boy led him to become the speedster that he is today.

Babineaux is a very humble athlete who takes pride in both his personal efforts and the team’s accomplishments. He stated, “Well, first and foremost, I want to thank God because he has blessed me to have the health and coaching I need in order to become successful.”

As a leader, he takes pride on the team’s effort during practices and also sets an example for his other fellow teammates. Babineaux is pushed beyond the other athletes and is given immediate feedback if he makes a mistake, especially as the varsity coach’s son. His father’s presence to support and push him to reach the next level has really impacted Faris’s performance in his track meets.

Faris shared, “The coach is my father so he pushes me beyond the other athletes. It may be great, but that means my performance at practice follows me home and I hear about it all night. But, it is all worth it because you must do things you don’t want to do to get to where you need to be. There are five more meets left in the season, and I put my faith in my training and on my God because I know he won’t lead me where he can’t keep me.” Faris is very committed to what he does and truly believes that the support he has from God and his family will lead him into success.

Even though the track season is coming to an end, Faris still has many goals he would like to accomplish. With his final appearance at the Golden League Finals, held this past Wednesday, he was determined to make it all the way to the state finals, and he did. Not only that, but he broke the 400 meter record at 48 seconds. As a long term goal, Babineaux wishes to participate in the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo, Japan, but for now, this amazing track star focuses on a college to commit to. Faris Babineaux continues on his journey of becoming the greatest runner of all time.