What to Expect from Clubs

What to Expect from Clubs

Picture by Andrew Park

It is a new semester, allowing for fresh starts, especially among clubs. Since the recent Club Rush, many student organizations seem hopeful for the next semester.

Club Rush was a huge success, making recruitment much easier. It is apparent that the mid-year event is not as popular as the one at the start of the school year, partly due to the fact that club photos are over. However, this year’s Club Rush still had a great turnout. With a semester already gone, students seemed to finally step out of their comfort zone, hoping to expand their social group and enrich their high school experience. It is refreshing to see some of the shy students of Quartz Hill find interest in clubs.

This sudden influx in new members has brought in new hope for less-appreciated student organizations. Guitar Club seems hopeful for the future as it recruited more members for the new semester. Avid member Kyle Ludwig states that the sudden influx gave him “hope for the future of the club.” After all, the student organization needs someone to lead it in the future, since most of the current officers are seniors. Even when Guitar Club flourished with members, the club has always been open to new members, really embracing the phrase “the more, the merrier.”

The new members from Club Rush also have motivated already-established student organizations to do more with their activities. Lit Club hopes to establish regular volunteering opportunities at the new Quartz Hill Public Library. With the new additions to the club, it may actually seem possible for Lit Club to start a consistent schedule. Multicultural Club is also making good use of their new members. Officer Angela Zhang states that their annual Multicultural Assembly is going to be “bigger than ever.” They plan on adding a new performance to the assembly while creating a more efficient working crew with new members.

As the school year is now at its closing half, clubs are now scrambling for new officers. Existing members in the majority of clubs are soon to be officers, while the new ones are hopefully there to be devoted members.

The second Club Rush has proven to be huge for the student organizations of Quartz Hill. The new members have provided invigoration for all student organizations, regardless of their current success. The future seems bright for the clubs and it is exciting to see what they have in store for students.