Filed under A&E

Hot Tracks For The Summer

Back to Article
Back to Article

Hot Tracks For The Summer

Picture by Shruthi Kumar

Picture by Shruthi Kumar

Picture by Shruthi Kumar

Whether it’s music for a party or just something to bop your head to, here are a few songs that will definitely set the mood for your summer.

1. Zedd and Alessia Cara – Stay
This song by Russian born German producer Zedd is sure to get your body moving. Zedd gave us bright pop music in the past, such as his collaboration song with Selena Gomez, I Want You To Know. Now, Cara’s fresh vocals add more range to the bright and bubbly background music, and the electronic beat drop is sure to find its way to your playlist. Cara’s breath control and meaningful lyrics are an added bonus to an already great track.

2. Panic! At The Disco – Victorious
School is out. There is no more stress, just days filled with friends, relaxing, and fun. What better way to enjoy the feeling of freedom than to rock out to an energetic track? In Panic! At The Disco’s album Death of a Bachelor, Brendon Urie’s phenomenal voice mixed with pop punk guitars grace Victorious, the ultimate victory song. Whether you are in a bad mood, or need music to turn up the crowd real fast, this track is the way to go and will have everyone jumping.

3. Lady Gaga – The Cure
Lady Gaga had us all hooked on her old songs like Telephone and Bad Romance, and she made our jaws drop when we listened to Million Reasons. Now, Lady Gaga is back with an electro-pop single, and it definitely makes the list. Gaga’s strong and stunning vocals with poppy synths in The Cure makes it the song to rock out to over the summer.

4. Kygo ft. Selena Gomez – It Ain’t Me
This track is great for all those people letting go of those pesky high school relationships and embracing a summer full of freedom. Accentuated by Kygo’s music mixing, Selena Gomez’s vocals embrace the feeling of freedom after breaking up with someone. Sure, we are not all in a relationship, but the music is great to listen to, no matter what.

5. Pitbull, Flo Rida, and Lunchmoney Lewis – Greenlight
One of the most underrated songs of the year, Greenlight will no doubt get your groove on. The three Miami boys are back with another single, combining Pitbull and Flo Rida’s rapping talents as well as Lewis’s soft vocals. This song, a combination of both rap and pop, gets everyone in the mood to party. So, whether you are simply chilling at home or deejaying at a party, this song is definitely worth a listen.

Shruthi Kumar, Staff Writer

Hey, hey, hey! It's your friendly neighborhood Shruth! I'm currently an IB junior, which means that I look like a trash can and look like I haven't slept...

• Hot Tracks For The Summer

A&E

Offbeat Museums to Visit in LA

• Hot Tracks For The Summer

A&E

5 Things Not to Do Over Winter Break

• Hot Tracks For The Summer

A&E

5 Things to Do Over Winter Break

• Hot Tracks For The Summer

A&E

Best Songs of 2018

• A&E

Looking Back On My Years in Marching Band

• Hot Tracks For The Summer

A&E

• Hot Tracks For The Summer

A&E

‘Thank U, Next’ Reflects Upon Four Classic Women’s Empowerment Films

• A&E

Top 5 Christmas Movies

• Hot Tracks For The Summer

A&E

Student Profile: Tianchi Zhou

• Hot Tracks For The Summer

A&E

Docuseries Taking Over Youtube

Hot Tracks For The Summer