Fall In Love With These 5 Autumn Mood Movies

By Alyssa Hoffman, Staff Writer

Fall is arguably the coziest and perhaps the most beloved season of the year. This comes as no surprise, as most of us welcome the cooler weather and the crisp greens changing to warm browns and reds (especially after spending an eternity in the unbearable summer heat of the Antelope Valley).

With the popular season comes the essential popular trends to complete the fall mood, like the PSL, fuzzy socks, blankets, and soothing playlists. However, not a lot of attention is focused on what could be considered the most essential fall themed movies. Here is a short list of five movies that really complete the fall mood package.When

• Harry Met Sally

A classic friends-to-lovers rom-com, When Harry Met Sally follows two young college students starting their lives and how their relationship develops over five years. It’s full of all the perfectly cliche, sappy moments and autumn scenery perfect for fall cuddling.

• Good Will Hunting

Will Hunting, a troubled young man with a knack for mathematics, is in need of some guidance. This, of course, is when Robin Williams comes in, playing the supportive yet wise and stern therapist to young Will. It is a heartwarming story and sends a nice, positive message to young adults who are unsure of themselves and their futures.

• Fantastic Mr. Fox

This stop-motion comedy based on Roald Dahl’s book follows the adventures of a mischievous, thieving fox and his encounters with the rest of the animals on the farm.  While it is definitely more for younger audiences, the film is still very enjoyable for everyone. It is incredibly aesthetic and cleverly written.

• Autumn In New York

The title makes it pretty self explanatory as to why this movie is on this list. It perfectly captures the feeling of the season. The story follows an esteemed restaurateur who falls for a young woman who, tragically, is terminally ill. These two deepen their relationship as they learn more and more about one another throughout the fall.

• Rushmore

This comedy-drama follows the story of a young Max Fischer, an eccentric teenager. Max develops an obsession over a first grade teacher, Rosemary Cross. We watch as this obsession grows and see how it affects not only Max, but his relationship with those around him as well.

I hope you all have a great time watching these movies when you’re not raking your neighbor’s leaves off of your lawn.