15 Thoughts about Winter Break

By Shruthi Kumar, Staff Writer

As finals season rolls around, the more we look forward to winter break to relieve all our stress and to catch up on sleep. We asked a few students around the Quartz Hill campus to see what they look forward to the most this winter break.

1) “I think Winter Break is great! It’s a break from all of the stress of school and you get to relax and hang out with your family.” Kalaya Culver (Sophomore)

2) “After all the stress from this semester, especially from college applications, I am looking forward to the three weeks off. I plan to sleep, relax, and spend time with my family, friends, and dogs.” Jocelyne Martinez (Senior)

3) “I love winter and it’s a long break so I’m happy about it, but I have to take a class for school during the break!” Elizabeth Reyes (Senior)

4) “Well I planned to go to Italy! From Venice, my family will be going to Rome to visit Vatican City. From Rome, we will be going to either Paris, France, or Berlin, Germany.” Keith Karunaratne (Sophomore)

5) “I am excited for the winter break so I can relieve my stress from studying. I plan on going to San Francisco where my dad’s side of the family is to celebrate Christmas.” Alysha Dijamco (Sophomore)

6) “I love waking up whenever I want and doing whatever I want. All in all, kicking it back and not having to worry about homework or studying for a test is an absolutely amazing feeling. Winter break also allows me to hangout with friends/family who are otherwise busy with school or sports so it is a great time to catch up with the people who matter. Over break, I’m visiting an elderly home to talk to the residents and bring presents to the kids at the hospital. Besides that, I have a couple Christmas kickbacks with friends and family that I am looking forward to attending.” Michael Moussa (Sophomore)

7) “I like winter break. It’s after finals so the stress of taking tests that can potentially destroy your grades is gone. It’s three weeks of staying in bed and (shamefully) procrastinating on homework that was assigned. I plan on spending Christmas with my family!” Jahnnina Alegre (Sophomore)
8) “I’m really looking forward to seeing my sister in the hospital.” Ethan Ortega (Sophomore)

9) “Yo! I am extremely excited for winter break! There is a possibility that we’re going to be out of town for the most part, celebrating the holidays with family. We might head to Big Bear and rent a cabin and just shop overall for Christmas.” Dalila Solis (Sophomore)

10) “I’m looking forward to resting and enjoying the holiday season with my family. As of right now, I have no plans other than going to basketball practices.” Sartaj Brar (Sophomore)

11) “My thoughts for winter break are nothing new, but my plans for the weeks we have off are to spend time with family, eat a lot, share the love, and relax.” Tiara Estupinian (Freshman)

12)” I’m very excited for winter break, as it is a long-needed time to recover from stress. I don’t have any plans, other than my cousins will be coming to visit me, so we will take them to LA.” Semma Hadaya (Sophomore)

13) “I can’t wait for winter break! I think I’m heading up to New York. Maybe.” Ruby Zhang (Junior)

14) “I think for winter break, I’m just going to rewatch Stranger Things.” Anthony Valencia (Junior)

15) “I absolutely love Christmas Break! I usually go visit my family on the East Coast, and really have a great time hanging out with my cousins!” Oliver Grace (Junior)