4 Chill Activities to do While it’s Still Winter

Back to Article
Back to Article

Picture by Sydney Smith

Picture by Sydney Smith

Picture by Sydney Smith

By Sydney Smith, Staff Writer

The season is ending, and even though this winter felt just as gross and sweaty as the middle of July (I love California’s weather!), there are still many “traditional” activities one is supposed to do during this time of year. Here is a list of four last minute things to do before spring begins!

1. Sledding/Snowboarding/Skiing
Colder weather means snow! Well, in other places. Although we can’t even get rain here in our precious hometown, you can still travel to other places that actually follow normal weather patterns. If there’s enough snow, then there are many things that you can do! You can try sledding and hope to God that you don’t hit a rock and propel into an abyss because, trust me, it happens. Snowboarding and skiing are also options to those who have experience or want to learn and try new things. Here’s to hoping you don’t break more than two limbs in the process!

2. Build a Snowman
If you took the advice above, then you should be somewhere with a considerable amount of snow. If you do not want to possibly break your neck by intentionally throwing yourself down a steep slope, you’re in luck because there are many other things you can do with snow. Building a snowman may be a very cliché winter activity, but that doesn’t make it any less fun and easy! Just make your desired shape and add buttons, twigs, a carrot, or whatever you’d like. If you’re lucky, maybe it will come to life. It most likely won’t have any malicious intent, but if it does, well… good luck Charlie.

3. Ice Skating
Want to feel like you’re part of Jesus on Ice? Then here is another idea for you: ice skating! Though it may be easy for an experienced individual, it could be a death sentence for a newer skater. That’s why you should only try this if you love pain! There are many rinks in Los Angeles and other similar places close by. Go and make a fool of yourself while you slip and slide around on your face as others gracefully avoid you.

4. Drink Hot Chocolate
The last suggestion on this fine list is to drink some hot chocolate. This drink is a staple during the colder months to keep one warm from the inside out. However, since the Antelope Valley is always at a constant temperature of 143 degrees, you’d just be inducing a heat stroke.

Sydney Smith, Staff Writer

This is Sydney Smith. She joined journalism her junior year after being forced into it by the one and only Cody Wilson. Sydney is a struggling musician...

• 4 Chill Activities to do While it’s Still Winter

A&E

Offbeat Museums to Visit in LA

A&E

5 Things Not to Do Over Winter Break

A&E

5 Things to Do Over Winter Break

A&E

Best Songs of 2018

• A&E

Looking Back On My Years in Marching Band

A&E

A&E

‘Thank U, Next’ Reflects Upon Four Classic Women’s Empowerment Films

• A&E

Top 5 Christmas Movies

A&E

Student Profile: Tianchi Zhou

A&E

Docuseries Taking Over Youtube