Mandy Roberts Student Profile

Picture by Mandy Roberts

Picture by Mandy Roberts

By Josephine Nadolny, Staff Writer

At Quartz Hill High School, we have hundreds of talented students that all bring something special to the campus. Mandy Mason Roberts, the vice president of Self-Expression Club, ASB connoisseur, and overall legend, is no exception. Mandy is a witty ray of sunshine that enjoys many things such as pictures of baby pigs, fashion, and playing the piano.  

Mandy’s favorite color is lilac and her favorite band is Fleetwood Mac, making Stevie Nicks one of her greatest inspirations. She has five pets, two being corgis named Crosby and Lola, a cat who is named Charlie but is now known as “Kiggy,” and two chickens.

Many things set Mandy apart from most, whether it be her style or her overall way of carrying herself. In her spare time, Mandy enjoys practicing the guitar or piano, taking after her dad, who was in a band that she describes as the “Christian Black Sabbath,” due to their metal/rock and roll sound with somewhat pious lyrics. Mandy can also be found watching local artists perform at house shows.

Mandy said, “I really enjoy going to house shows and seeing local bands play. I have met a lot of great people, and I love that we can all bond over liking the same music.”

Another quality that makes Mandy unique is her sense of style, inspired by looks of the 80’s and the Y2K scene of the 90’s.  Mandy jokingly explained, “I kind of dress like trash, and trash really inspires me, but I suppose I just like what I like. The type of music I listen to and my mood can really influence the way I dress. I enjoy thrift shopping on websites such as Depop to find most of my pieces because you can really find anything for such little money.”

Thanks to her support system of both friends and family, Mandy has become a great student, while still maintaining her individuality. Mandy has many people to thank for this, especially her mom. Roberts said, “I love my mom and everything she has done for me. She kind of has a sixth sense or something and does spiritual healing as a hobby. She has done a lot for me, and I really don’t know where I would be without her, along with my stepdad, and my dad.”

With her utter determination and optimistic outlook, Mandy certainly has a bright future.

• Mandy Roberts Student Profile

A&E

The Nike Boycott

• Mandy Roberts Student Profile

A&E

Movie Highlight: Crazy Rich Asians

• Mandy Roberts Student Profile

A&E

Back to School Fashion

• Mandy Roberts Student Profile

A&E

New Spirit Day Suggestions

• Mandy Roberts Student Profile

A&E

Video Music Awards Review

• Mandy Roberts Student Profile

A&E

Fortnite Vs. PUBG

• Mandy Roberts Student Profile

A&E

Met Gala Overview

• Mandy Roberts Student Profile

A&E

Am I Ready for College?

• Mandy Roberts Student Profile

A&E

Prom Experience

• Mandy Roberts Student Profile

A&E

Top Five Infinity War Fan Theories

Mandy Roberts Student Profile