Mandy Roberts Student Profile

Picture by Mandy Roberts

Picture by Mandy Roberts

By Josephine Nadolny, Staff Writer

At Quartz Hill High School, we have hundreds of talented students that all bring something special to the campus. Mandy Mason Roberts, the vice president of Self-Expression Club, ASB connoisseur, and overall legend, is no exception. Mandy is a witty ray of sunshine that enjoys many things such as pictures of baby pigs, fashion, and playing the piano.  

Mandy’s favorite color is lilac and her favorite band is Fleetwood Mac, making Stevie Nicks one of her greatest inspirations. She has five pets, two being corgis named Crosby and Lola, a cat who is named Charlie but is now known as “Kiggy,” and two chickens.

Many things set Mandy apart from most, whether it be her style or her overall way of carrying herself. In her spare time, Mandy enjoys practicing the guitar or piano, taking after her dad, who was in a band that she describes as the “Christian Black Sabbath,” due to their metal/rock and roll sound with somewhat pious lyrics. Mandy can also be found watching local artists perform at house shows.

Mandy said, “I really enjoy going to house shows and seeing local bands play. I have met a lot of great people, and I love that we can all bond over liking the same music.”

Another quality that makes Mandy unique is her sense of style, inspired by looks of the 80’s and the Y2K scene of the 90’s.  Mandy jokingly explained, “I kind of dress like trash, and trash really inspires me, but I suppose I just like what I like. The type of music I listen to and my mood can really influence the way I dress. I enjoy thrift shopping on websites such as Depop to find most of my pieces because you can really find anything for such little money.”

Thanks to her support system of both friends and family, Mandy has become a great student, while still maintaining her individuality. Mandy has many people to thank for this, especially her mom. Roberts said, “I love my mom and everything she has done for me. She kind of has a sixth sense or something and does spiritual healing as a hobby. She has done a lot for me, and I really don’t know where I would be without her, along with my stepdad, and my dad.”

With her utter determination and optimistic outlook, Mandy certainly has a bright future.

Josephine Nadolny, Staff Writer

My name is Josephine Nadolny, but everybody calls me Josie.  I absolutely love writing, and my dream is to work for National Geographic or Vice as a journalist. ...

• Mandy Roberts Student Profile

A&E

Docuseries Taking Over Youtube

• A&E

Lil Peep Album Review

• Mandy Roberts Student Profile

A&E

Is the Newest and Most Expensive Electric Longboard on the Market Worth its Price?

• Mandy Roberts Student Profile

A&E

The Antelope Valley’s Burgeoning Art Scene

• Mandy Roberts Student Profile

A&E

Trying to Find Yourself While Writing College Apps

• Mandy Roberts Student Profile

A&E

Mid90s Movie Review

• Mandy Roberts Student Profile

A&E

Halloween Don’ts

• Mandy Roberts Student Profile

A&E

Spooky Baskets Guide

• Mandy Roberts Student Profile

A&E

Pray For The Wicked – Album Review

• Mandy Roberts Student Profile

A&E

Grey’s Anatomy New Season

Mandy Roberts Student Profile