Must Watch Netflix Shows

Back to Article
Back to Article

Must Watch Netflix Shows

Picture by Shruthi Kumar

Picture by Shruthi Kumar

Picture by Shruthi Kumar

By Shruthi Kumar, Staff Writer

Since Netflix updated their content during the entire month of January, devoted viewers have been on the prowl, reviewing and watching the newly added shows and movies. Though we live in a world where a tweet is our source of information on whether or not a series is watchable, we’ve compiled a list of new shows to save you from 25 minutes of scrolling down your Twitter feed this three day weekend.

1. The Good Place

Everyone has contemplated, “What happens after you die?” Starring Kristen Bell and Ted Danson, ‘The Good Place’ takes on that question with a humorous twist. Actions are measured with points. Positive points come from good actions. Negative points come from bad ones. Depending on the amount of points a person has, they get to go to the Good Place or the Bad Place after death. Things start to go awry when Eleanor Shellstrop (Bell), a narcissistic and self-centered woman gets placed in the Good Place… by accident.

2. You

Combining themes of thrillers and a dark, twisted romance, ‘You’ is definitely not the poster show for Valentine’s Day. Yet, the gripping tale is a must-watch. Obsessed with an up-and-coming writer named Beck, a bookstore manager teeters on the line between a simple crush and a dark infatuation. He isn’t afraid to get what he wants, and he’ll use every single thing, whether it be people, social media, or her work, to make sure that in the end, she’s his.

3. New Girl

After a humiliating breakup with her boyfriend of six years, quirky kindergarten teacher Jess Day moves in with three guys. One is a womanizer, another is an old man in a thirty-year-old man’s body, and the other is unemployed. In this modern version of ‘FRIENDS,’ Winston, Schmidt, and Nick all teach Jess about the ups and downs of adult life while they learn from her about positivity and embracing differences.

4. Scandal

Set in the heart of Washington DC, Olivia Pope has a knack for making scandalous things go away, until hers don’t. When the affair between her and the President of the United States becomes common knowledge, she has to juggle the weight of her turbulent romances and aspirations for a higher position while uncovering the darkest secrets of DC’s elite.

5. Lucifer

After taking a vacation from being the lord of Hell, Lucifer finds himself drawn in by the various tastes of luxury in Los Angeles. Operating a club with his demon bartender, Maze, Lucifer finds himself reluctant to go back to his duties — much to the agitation of his father and his brother. His plan to stay in the mortal world is solidified when a certain detective waltzes into his life, pulling him down the road of crime solving. Who would have thought that doing good deeds would be the final item to making the Devil stay in the City of Angels?

• Must Watch Netflix Shows

A&E

A Spoiler-Free Avengers: Endgame Review

• Must Watch Netflix Shows

A&E

Grind Time Playlist

• A&E

How To Make Everyday Earth Day

• A&E

Summer Blockbuster Preview

• A&E

The Treasures That Survived the Notre-Dame Cathedral Fire

• Must Watch Netflix Shows

A&E

Why Coachella Really Isn’t It

• A&E

Top Four University Campuses of America

• Must Watch Netflix Shows

A&E

Top 3 Dorm Room Essentials

• Must Watch Netflix Shows

A&E

Coming to Netflix: April 2019

• Must Watch Netflix Shows

A&E

The TikTok Epidemic

Must Watch Netflix Shows