Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall! Spirit Week 

By Lynn Lee, Staff Writer

In honor of the fall season arriving, last week, ASB held a spirit week that surprised many students. The theme of the spirit week had never been done before. It was themed Goodbye Summer and Hello Fall! It was a week for students to say their final goodbyes to summer and greet fall. 

Many students were glad to be saying “goodbye” to summer, especially Ariana Pelayo, a sophomore at Quartz Hill. Palayo said, “I didn’t like summer break a lot. I was excited for it, but [coronavirus] changed everything. There were a lot of things I planned to do but couldn’t.” Greeting fall with open arms, she said that she is excited for fall because of Halloween and she hopes that coronavirus settles down by then.

To start off spirit week, last Monday, students were asked to post a picture of themselves in their favorite mask. Many students participated as they posted pictures of themselves on Instagram and Snapchat. @qhclassof2023 posted pictures of 2023’s class officers in their favorite masks on Instagram. Kate Mickey, the president of the class of 2023, wore a camouflage mask; Sabas Gonzalez, the vice president of the ‘23 class wore a black mask. Meanwhile, Alexis Garibay, the secretary and Francesca Ryu, public relations officer, both wore a blue mask. 

Tuesday was “Goodbye, Summer,” and students wore dark colors and posted pictures of their favorite summer memories from a past year. Francesca Ryu, a sophomore recalled her favorite memory, “My family went camping at Bass Lake with my close friend’s family. We rode boat rides, jumped off huge rocks, and had s’mores. It was really fun.” When asked if there was anything else she wished to do during the summer, she replied, “ I really wanted to travel to Europe or Asia, and I had even made plans, but couldn’t go. I also wanted to go to amusement parks, festivals, fairs, waterparks, and concerts with my friends and family.” Francesca Ryu is one of many students who wanted to do more during summer but couldn’t. 

Already half way through the spirit week, Wednesday was wear your class colors day! QHHS’s freshmen wore red, sophomores wore orange, juniors wore purple, and seniors wore green. Many students posted pictures of themselves wearing their class colors. Thursday was themed “Hello, Fall!,” where students wore fall colors. Students wore dark green, orange, brown, and red. What a great way to greet fall! Friday was snuggle up in pajamas day! Even though some students wear pajamas everyday due to online school, it was still exciting to see many students post pictures of themselves in their favorite PJs.

These times may be difficult, but QHHS students are clearly making the most of it!