Culture Fest 2023 Recap

Our long-awaited annual Culture Fest, hosted by Multicultural Club, took place on Friday, April 7. Many cultures from around the world came together in the 100 quad to share unique dishes and performances with their fellow students and parents at Quartz Hill High School. 

Among the many cultures that were being represented during Culture Fest, a few stood out with their popularity among the students. Smoothies from the Caribbean were a crowd favorite, especially among the drinks that were being served. Another popular booth that stood out was Italy, with its pasta and dessert. The Philippines’ booth and their tasty lumpia sold out quickly as well. The France booth had many students hooked on its hot chocolate and crepes. The Syrian booth served cultural bread that students seemed to love. Almost all of the booths that were being showcased had the crowd coming back for seconds and even thirds.

The culture was spread through more than just food. A few Quartz Hill High School dance groups performed throughout the night to keep the crowd entertained. The first performance was done by QHHS Tinikling, which kept the crowd entertained with their quick moves and upbeat music. The QHHS Korean Dance Team did the second performance. As a new addition to Quartz Hill High School, they impressed many of their fellow classmates with their colorful moves and music. Finally, Quartz Hill High School Folklórico finished the night off with an energetic performance that made you want to join along. All the performers rounded up a large audience and piqued the interest of many guests. 

Quartz Hill High School students were just some of the ones in attendance for this exciting after-school activity. Many students from different schools visited their friends and got a taste of the world and Quartz Hill High School culture. Parents and families also joined in on the fun as they came to support their students as they shared their cultural food and dance. 

All who participated put in great effort in order to provide a fun experience for all who attended Culture Fest. It was the perfect time to socialize and get to try new things with friends. Many students even earned extra credit for this fun and cultural experience. By the end of the night, it was clear that Culture Fest was a success. Guests left with their hearts and bellies full.