Girls Royals Volleyball Stomps Golden League

With just two games left in the Golden League Season, the Royals have maintained their undefeated record (12-0). They plan to keep it that way in the upcoming week. In said week, the Royals will face off against our rivals Highland High School and Pete Knight High School. Both games will be at home, so make sure to be there or be square! Now, let’s talk about the incredible run the girls have had this season. 

Throughout the first half of their season, there were many questions about their capability as a brand-new Varsity team with a rough start during their pre-season. However, those questions soon came to an end as they proved themselves to be a force to be reckoned with in the Golden League. They have yet to drop more than 1 set in a match (Golden League). They only lost a set in a game against Highland High School, Lancaster High School, and Pete Knight High School.  

They have also shown impressive feats during the Viewpoint Girls Volleyball Tournament on the weekend of September 22nd. Winning their first game against St. Joseph High School, they had a great start to the two-day tournament. However, they lost their next two games in a close battle against Royal High School (1-2 sets) and Bishop Diego High School (1-2 sets) to end the first day of the invitational tournament. The next day, they wanted to prove that they belonged in the gym and won three out of their four games for the day, only losing in another close match against Immaculate Heart High School. Overall, they finished with a 4-3 record in a highly competitive tournament against big-name high schools. 

The Royals have another tournament this weekend (October 6 and 7). The tournament they will be competing in is the Southern California Invitational. The girls will have another shot to display their skills against even more impressive Division 1 teams such as Bonita Vista High School and Santiago High School. This is their most difficult challenge yet, but they look forward to it. The Royals are never afraid of a little challenge and have never backed down or given up. Make sure all of you come to support them in their final week of Golden League as they face off against our rivals. This week, the girls will also hold their senior night during the final game of the regular season against Pete Knight High School. Be sure not to miss this special night!