QHHS Homecoming, Was it better then previous years?

Quartz Hill’s 2023 Homecoming Dance compared to dances prior, did not meet the standards of attendees. While there are mixed opinions on this, most people I talked to say that this ranked last in comparison to previous Homecoming dances. 

I asked 25 juniors and 25 seniors where they would rank the Homecoming Dance, and this is what they had to say. Music is considerably the most important factor in any school dance or similar event. The DJ referred to the school as “Palmdale High School.” This could be seen as okay, as a mistake in school names may be acceptable on its own, but the DJ wasn’t playing that many hit songs while others were repeated during the night.

While students have always needed a school ID in order to attend events, in years past, a physical copy wasn’t necessary. However, when students arrived, they learned that digital copies would not be accepted.Though this was likely announced and in writing, students had become used to not needing their physical ID. This was a minor issue in comparison to the new rule that off-campus guests could not attend the dance.QHHS Activities Instagram page was flooded with comments due to the change. 
Another change involved ticket prices. While presale ticket prices stayed the same remaining $15 with an ASB card and $20 without. Door ticket prices saw a drastic increase  from $25 to $40. Unfortunately, long lines during school hours for the lower priced tickets and the increased price of same-day tickets deterred many students from going to the dance. 

In contrast, many students did comment that Homecoming week activities were much better this year. 

This year, Homecoming fell short of our expectations, but it wasn’t a complete flop. Students still had fun with friends, danced, and made the best of it despite the changes.