Review of Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

Kong and those who aid him must voyage to find his true home and belongings. Jia, an orphaned girl with a powerful and one-of-a-kind bond with Kong,  joins in on this journey. Godzilla is infuriated by an unknown matter that forces him to cause destruction worldwide. Both Titans face an enormous threat concealed within the planet’s depths, threatening their existence and the human population.

One of the great things about this movie is that you don’t have to have already watched the previous films made from this movie seriously to understand what is going on. Although viewed as a terrible monster, Godzilla in The New Empire shifts its perspective to him becoming a hero and playing a significant role in saving the human race. Monarch researchers figured out that the discovered Titans can consume and release radioactive energy, which allows Titans to sense one another, leading to a constant battle for dominance. Monarch is confused when Godzilla starts trying to find nuclear reactors for energy, especially since Kong has been living underground.

In The New Empire, the characters unfamiliar with the Titan’s ways of tracking allow new viewers to understand the context of all the Titans’ relationships. Dr. IIene Andrews is a scientist who helps study the characteristics of Kong and other Titans. Her adoptive daughter Jia, an Iwi, has a kinship bond with Kong, which is highlighted even more through her concerning vision. Her visions and intuition about Kong played a significant role in committing the threats and challenges the monsters and the human race faced.

The humans in the Monsterverse movies aren’t always that entertaining compared to the storyline of the monsters themselves. In The New Empire, humans’ primary purpose is to support Kong and Godzilla, the main characters. In the past, movies focused a lot on Godzilla; thus, movies focused more on Kong, his relationship with Jia, and their connection with Hollow Earth. The New Empire does a great job of not focusing on humans; instead, it looks at things from the Titans’ views, especially Kong’s, during his experience on Hollow Earth.

This movie is also a good watch for families to watch together. The action isn’t overly vulgar, and the movie mainly focuses on the relationships between Titans and the human race. The film emphasizes the importance of intimate relationships regardless of species, which benefits younger audiences. The New Empire is a great movie overall and would be a good watch for anyone interested in action, sci-fi, and Monsterverse movies.