The Inner Workings of ASB – Pajama Dance

Picture by QHHS ASB

Quartz Hill High School has a hard working ASB team, which organizes numerous fundraisers in order to raise money for charity. Last Friday, they organized a pajama dance, which was held in the library from 7-10 P.M. All the proceeds from this dance were donated to ‘Make a Wish Foundation,” which had the goal to grant children with cancer their very own wish to help cheer them up during their difficult time.

This dance took a great amount of planning by ASB, therein requiring tremendous effort and weeks of preparation. They had to brainstorm as a group to come up with a theme, location, and decorations. They made posters, arranged tables, and picked up large amounts of pizza and other food items in preparation for the dance. The most difficult task probably involved blowing up hundreds of helium balloons that they then released so they would rise to the ceiling of the library.

About an hour prior to the beginning of the event, panic started to set in when the team realized that they still had a lot to get done and not a lot of time in which to do it. They all came together as a team to help each other finish their tasks, and Kevin Flores, a member of the ASB team said, “Although we were rushed, we worked as a team, and in the end, we accomplished what we had set out to do.”

The dance finally started at 7 p.m., and right away, the venue began to fill with excited people. The atmosphere was colorful and festive, and the noise level rose as the students mingled with their friends. They were all dressed in a variety of quirky and colorful pajama sets, and they were having a good time. The noise level in the room rose even higher as the DJ started to play music. Students then began to show off their best dance moves as they took to the floor and continued to dance the night away. The DJ took song requests from the students who requested songs from many genres. There was also a photo booth where people could take pictures with their friends to help them remember this memorable night.

The ASB staff commented on the number of people who wore superhero costumes. Karina Patel, a member of the ASB team said, “I really enjoyed seeing people having a good time, but I was surprised that the most popular pajamas were superhero pajamas. I guess even high school students have a hard time letting go of their childhood heroes. ” The pajama party was a great success, and they raised a significant amount of money for the charity. All of the students who attended had a good time and felt like they had contributed to a worthy cause.