How I Almost got Anime Blocked on School WiFi

Picture by Ashhab Ibrahim

Picture by Ashhab Ibrahim

By Ashhab Ibrahim, Staff Writer

‘Twas a normal day like any. I woke up, resented my life, and tugged on some presentable clothes as to not lose my self-esteem and reputation to social conventions and practicalities, and got ready to start off my day. The night before, I had been binge-watching Dragon-Ball (the one with Kid Goku). Episode upon episode had taken its toll on me and I had finally decided to go to sleep at the healthy time of 2 am. As my grogginess threatened to ruin the first half of my day on its sleepy whims, I was driven to Zero period: Journalism. Unlike most days, I had made it on time so I had that going for me, but little did I know that tragedy would strike me down from Mt. Hopeful Beginnings.

I settled down, running a mental checklist of things I had completed and things I had needed to do. I hunted for a busy work assignment to keep me company, but, it was to no avail. I grabbed a Chromebook as my unproductive resort and proceeded to browse the interwebs when I thought to myself: Can I access my precious anime through the ether that is the school WiFi? I went to my favorite anime er- cartoon site and found my answer. I had hit the freshman goldmine. I’m sure upperclassmen knew this as a guarded secret, but for a freshman to discover something so sacred was an honor! No, a blessing! Now I could observe and gush over Miku-chan in a full 480p! Then, I realized the binding capability of my holy grail. Immediately, I zoomed to the Dragon Ball section. My destiny was waiting for me.

I had gotten through 10 episodes within a few zero periods and showed no signs of stopping. I had arrived at episode 32. The previous episode left me on a cliffhanger, hyping my appeal for this episode. I feverishly closed the ad-pop ups to see my favorite little Saiyan and his wacky friends. I felt something eerie hovering over me as the loading wheel turned like a ferris wheel. It hit me like a bus. I knew it when I saw it. A broken page notification picture (see thumbnail). I refreshed the video. The same result. Oh no, how had this happened? I have had nightmares about this moment. The school had blocked me and everyone else’s precious anime links.

I was burnt toast ready to be thrown in the trash. What would happen to me? Imprisonment? Execution? Or would I just be absolutely pummeled by all the weeby upperclassmen that missed their afternoon anime break? This is why the freshmen like me shouldn’t be trusted. As I panicked, a friendly bystander took notice of this and suggested that I “try a different website.” Silly mortal, there is no other, for all links of Japanese animation are deceased within these grounds. To amuse him, however, I tried to show him his insolence and ignorance in his statement as I navigated to another well-known anime watching site. Sheesh, the story tells itself at this point doesn’t it? I’ll spare you the brain cells and processing power and just say that I was wrong and the link was broken.

Ashhab Ibrahim, Multimedia staff

Hey there, thanks for having interest in my staff profile. Are you here to praise me, or are you here to find who to flame at lunch for their trash quality...

• How I Almost got Anime Blocked on School WiFi

Humor

Epidemic of Catastrophic Proportions Strikes Internationally… and it may be in your home right now (CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT).

Humor

Types of Study Techniques (#5 will shock you!)

• Humor

Journalism’s Infinity War

Humor

True 100% Verified Infinity War Fan Theories

Humor

Mcdougal Littell’s Totalitarian Takeover

Humor

AP/IB Exams Conspiracy Theory

Humor

Teachers Have Lives?!

Humor

Top Five Homeless Signs

Humor

Water: How It Be?

Humor

Cody Wilson: A Journalism Story