Club Rush vs You

By Aidan Sidikpramana, Staff Writer

Club Rush: a mosh pit of intellectuals and popularity seekers trying to find a student organization where they can fit in and make a name for themselves. 

According to most involved students, Club Rush has always been the event that determines the enjoyability of the rest of their high school career. Club Rush is a biannual school event that seeks to involve more students in the community and school activities – after all, they spend the majority of their time here.

When walking around the main quad you most likely passed by the screaming, overenthusiastic club officers. You may have found yourself circumnavigating around the convoluted, maze-like array of club booths, all in an effort to just grab a quick lunch and go back to the corner where your friend’s brood. But, the temptation to investigate a certain club may be irresistible.

Kiana Henriques, a sophomore at QHHS, had many positive things to say about the event, “Honestly, I love Club Rush. I love to talk to new people and seeing their interests that might be similar to my own! Club Rush brings so many openings to be an active student in your school and community it is one of the best ways to be active besides sports.” 

Club Rush has always been an outlet for extroverts to shine, whether it be as a person running a booth or a student trying to get to meet new people. The event can be seen in a totally different light when running a booth opposed to a booth wanderer. Two-time booth-runner and high school junior, Nathan Nguyen, the Treasurer for the American Cancer Society Club, has a pretty optimistic point of view of his job during Club Rush: “As a booth runner you have a different drive than those who are walking around picking clubs, rather than choosing things that peak your interest you are trying to share and promote the club in which you have put countless hours into.” 

When asked how he saw Club Rush in the eyes of a booth runner Nikil Sunku, senior President of both Multicultural Club and Lit Club, had a completely different take: “I’d say running a booth is less enjoyable than choosing clubs…I definitely miss the curiosity and the experience of finding a new club to join during the rush of the moment. It honestly only felt really good freshman year. After that, it felt more like looking for the clubs I already decided I wanted to join, and not to look for a new club.” 

Club Rush occurs two times in a school year, so if you missed the first one, be sure to come out for the second. The opportunity to go out and explore new groups to be a part of is a thrill to many, and those who are waiting at the booth are happy to share their experiences and their passions with you!