What’s going on with Scooter Braun?

Scooter Braun first popped up about fifteen years ago on the music scene. He began his career as a music manager by signing his first client, who turned out to be one of the most successful music artists of our generation, Justin Bieber. He has also managed several  different celebrities, including Kanye West, Carly Rae Jepsen, Ariana Grande, Demi Lovato, and many more recognizable names. 

Before being able to uncover what is going on with Scooter Braun, you must be able to understand who Scooter Braun is and what he does. He claims to be an entrepreneur and talent manager in the music industry. He is now recognized as the founder of SB Projects, an entertainment management company. He is also the founder and co-founder of a couple of record labels. He is among the most recognized names surrounding multiple successful and influential music artists and companies. 

A significant amount of time has passed after Braun’s arrival in the music industry, and since very recently, many artists have decided to drop him. hese include J Balvin, Ariana Grande, Demi Lovato, and Idina Menzel. All these flourishing celebrities decided to make this decision, leaving us to wonder why. 

This isn’t the first time that he has fallen into a considerable controversy. I’m sure you have heard about Taylor Swift and how she has decided to re-record all her first six albums; this directly correlates to Scooter Braun and Big Machine Records. Swift left this company in November of 2018, and shortly after, Braun decided to buy the company, which placed the ownership of all of her albums under his name. This was unfortunate news to her because she had intended to repurchase all of her albums, but Braun’s actions made that impossible. 

It’s been four years since the entire controversy, and even though it does not go along with what is happening right now, it could potentially be a reason and evidence behind Braun’s behavior towards his clients, which could be making them leave. Could the artists be leaving him because of his previous public disputes? 

Even though it is entertaining to speculate and assume that something darker may be going on behind the scenes, there are instances where that is just not the case, which may be one of those times. All of Braun’s clients are under contract with his company SB projects; most, if not all, of his clients that just left him were due to the agreement’s expiration. Many reports have also said that his split with most of these celebrities was mutual and in good consciousness.