Odetari’s Rise in Fame

Odetari’s Rise in Fame

Odetari, aka Taha Othman Ahmad, is a 23-year-old Palestinian-American music artist who started creating the music we know today in 2021 but became more recognized in 2022. He has been making music since he was 15 but hasn’t been very well-known until recently. Odetari’s music is in the dance/electronic genre, or EDM, with over 40 songs currently released. According to iMusician, “While there are, traditionally, rarely any vocals in the EDM music pieces, what’s typical for the style is the deliberately inorganic sounds and timbres, rhythmic pulse, and high and steady tempo of, usually, 129-150 beats per minute (BPM).” Recently, Odetari released a new album called “XIII SORROWS” on September 13, 2023, rapidly gaining popularity since its release.

Odetari had a job before becoming a musical artist as a substitute teacher. While he had this job, he made music in a different musical genre. He worked at a high school in Houston but was fired due to his lack of effort when creating his lessons. Instead of doing his work, he would spend his time making music. In 2018, he had been making music in the trap genre, but after receiving very little attention, he made his genre. “Odecore” has now become a separate artist page where he uploads different variations of his songs on various music platforms like Spotify and Apple Music. Odecore has 3.1 Million monthly listeners, whereas Odetari’s main profile has 9.1 million. As a musical artist, Odetari has many fans.

We interviewed some of his fans about Odetari and their experience with his music. Sofia Serrano was our first interviewee, and we asked her a few questions. The first question she answered was how she found out about Odetari. She responded, “I found out about him from TikTok; I feel like that’s where everyone found him.” We then asked her what stood out the most about his music, and her answer was, “I liked how it sounded. They [Odetari’s songs] excite you, and they’re so fun to listen to.” We also asked our second interviewee, Lani Tran, the same questions. Her answer to the first question was, “I found Odetari through one of my friends.” Her second answer was, “I think his music is great. He’s a great starter to Hyperpop! I’d recommend him first out of any hyperpop artist.” Lani’s final answer was, “His [Odetari] music is something you need to hype yourself up.” In an interview on TikTok, filmed on YouTube, Odetari was asked what it was like starting to make music at a young age and how he found his passion for music. His response was as follows, “I just kinda got into it around 13 when I heard Tyler the Creator, he had this song called Jamba, and I was like, ‘Damn, how do you make that’ and that inspired me to get garage band.”

As Odetari rises in the ranks, his fans can’t help but wonder: What comes next for him? Most recently, he came out with a new song called “Green Goblin” on October 13, 2023. Odetari also has a concert set for November 21st at 7:00 p.m. at The Echo in New York City. The show was only recently announced and sold out quickly by hundreds of excited fans. It is also rumored that he will make another album, but he has not confirmed anything yet. The most likely events to follow him now are more songs and maybe more concerts if he chooses.